The Friends of Harvard Celtic Studies was organized in 1993 in response to community interest supporting the activities of Harvard's Celtic Department.
- The Kelleher Lecture: The Celtic Department honors the memory of John V. Kelleher, Harvardís first Professor of Irish Studies, by presenting world- renowned scholars, poets, artists, or musicians from the world of culture, arts, history, literature and languages of the Celtic peoples.
- Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium and its Proceedings.
- Cultural Events sponsored by the Celtic Department: Talks and events introducing new scholarship in the field and building connections with the community.
- Exchange Student Program - Harvard and Bangor University in Wales: students spend one semester of pre-dissertation research at Harvard / Bangor.
- Student Fellowships: Gifts from the Friends make it possible for students to attend language immersion courses and conferences here and in the Celtic countries.
If you have questions about our Friends organization or our upcoming programs, please call us at (617) 495-1206. Your support of the only Celtic studies program in the U.S. is important to all of us. We look forward to seeing you at the next gathering of the Friends of Harvard Celtic Studies.
Department of Celtic Languages and Literatures · Harvard University
Barker Center, 12 Quincy Street · Cambridge, MA 02138 · phone 617/ 495-1206 · fax 617/ 495-1010 · email us
© 2013, The President and Fellows of Harvard College