How you can help
We hope that you will renew your support for Celtic studies at Harvard, and, if you havent joined us before, that you will consider becoming a Friend of Harvard Celtic Studies. The Friends are a group organized in 1993 to provide the community with the opportunity to participate in and to support the programs and activities of Harvard's Celtic Department.
The response has been very heartening.
Please click here to download, then print and complete the form and mail it to us with your check. Our goal this year is to exceed $10,000 in gifts. Can we count on your generosity? If you want to give a special gift to be used speci-fically for one of the programs above, please specify the purpose on the memo section of your check or on the enclosed donation form.
Your tax-deductible membership will include special invitations to our Friends’ events, the latest news of theatrical and cultural presentations, and your ongoing association with the faculty and students of one of the finest departments of Celtic in the world. Please consider asking a friend or relative to join us as well.
We urge you to consider making a bequest to the Department of Celtic Languages and Literatures at Harvard – to help us, in your name, keep alive the heritage, the scholarship, and the contributions of the Celtic peoples, for this and future generations.
We hope that you will join us, and we look for-ward to seeing you at one of our upcoming events. We appreciate and value your membership, and we welcome your participation in building the future of Celtic studies here at Harvard University.
These are some of the programs our members support:
• Exchange Student Program: Fourth year PhD student Kasi Conley has spent time in the Welsh Department at Bangor University. Your support will ensure that we can continue future exchanges like this one.
• Cultural Events: The Celtic Department sponsors talks and events introducing new scholarship in the field and building connections with the community. Your help will continue to bring events like this to the community.
• Student Fellowships: Your gift will make it possible for students to attend language immersion courses and conferences here and in the Celtic countries. Consider a special contribution of $1,500 or more to help our students . . .
- enroll in summer programs overseas (Irish
language in Galway or Donegal, Scottish
Gaelic in Skye, Welsh in Cardiff or Aberystwyth)
- attend scholarly conferences to present their
research among the world’s most notable Celtic
• Celtic Colloquium: Your support for our Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium helps us present our annual three-day conference which attracts scholars worldwide, and it is organized by our students. A special gift from you would help us continue to offer new research in Celtic studies here at home.
• Celtic Publications: The Proceedings of the Harvard Celtic Colloquium is available from the Harvard University Press, Sought by scholars and libraries worldwide, and included in a new international electronic database in Irish Studies, it is the editorial work of our students. You can take pride in making a special gift to support this series!
• The Kelleher Lecture: The Celtic Department honors the memory of John V. Kelleher, Harvard’s first Professor of Irish Studies, by presenting world-renowned scholars, poets, artists, or musicians from the world of culture, arts, history, literature and languages of the Celtic peoples. Your gift will ensure the lasting tradition of this unique annual lecture series.
Phil Haughey and
Department of Celtic Languages and Literatures · Harvard University
Barker Center, 12 Quincy Street · Cambridge, MA 02138 · phone 617/ 495-1206 · fax 617/ 495-1010 · email us
© 2013, The President and Fellows of Harvard College